Mumbai has been hit by several attacks for which a group calling itself Deccan Muhajedeen has claimed responsibility. You can updates from local bloggers at Mumbai Metblogs India,at Groundreport and at Global Voices.

Mumbai gunmen kill 80, Western hostages taken | Reuters

Gunmen killed at least 80 people in a series of attacks in India’s financial capital Mumbai and troops began moving into two five-star hotels on Thursday where Western hostages were being held, local television said.

Gunfire and explosions were heard at the landmark Taj Mahal hotel and thick plumes of smoke rose from the building, witnesses said. There were also explosions at the Oberoi hotel and firing at a hospital where gunmen were surrounded.


Deccan Mujahideen claims Mumbai attacks -India-The Times of India

Deccan Mujahideen claims Mumbai attacks

MUMBAI: A group calling itself the “Deccan Mujahedeen” claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s attacks in Mumbai that killed 80 people, and injured over 900.

The outfit sent emails to various media outlets saying it carried out the attacks across the city.

Another little-known Islamic group, the Islamic Security Force-Indian Mujahedeen, had claimed responsibility for serial blasts last month in Assam that claimed nearly 80 lives.

Six weeks earlier, New Delhi had been hit by a series of bombs in crowded markets that left more than 20 dead. Those blasts were claimed by a group calling itself the Indian Mujahedeen.

News directly from India: HERE.

The Deccan Mujahideen send a warning earlier in September:

You should know that your acts are not at all left unnoticed; rather we are closely keeping an eye on you and just waiting for the right time to execute your bloodshed. We are aware of your recent raids at Ansarnagar, Mograpada in Andheri and the harassment and trouble you created there for the Muslims,” the group said in the email they sent to various media houses on Saturday evening.

“You threatened to murder them and your mischief went to such an extent that you even dared to abuse and insult Maulana Mahmood-ul-Hasan Qasmi and even misbehaved with the Muslim women and children there,” the email said.

“If this is the degree your arrogance has reached, and if you think that by these stunts you can scare us, then let the Indian Mujahideen warn all the people of Mumbai that whatever deadly attacks Mumbaikars will face in future, their responsibility would lie with the Mumbai ATS and their guardians – Vilasrao Deshmukh and R R Patil,” the email said. “You are already on our hit-list and this time very very seriously.”

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>